Anger Management Counselling in East Grinstead
Anger is a part of being human. It is not possible to ‘get rid’ of anger because it is a natural feeling that is essential to our survival. It is, however, possible to learn to manage angry feelings and behaviours.
Sometimes people explode with rage and act out their angry feelings, whilst others hold their anger in and deny that it exists. If anger isn’t managed and expressed safely, it can lead to all sorts of problems e.g. domestic violence, road rage, self-harm, depression, destructive relationships, chronic health issues.
Learning to manage angry feelings can require skill and practice over a length of time. In counselling for anger management, we explore how you express your anger, or don’t, and the impact this has in your life. Counselling can enable you to:
- Identify your patterns of behaviour around feeling angry
- Manage your angry feelings, from small irritations to fully-fledged rage
- Make safe choices about how you express angry feelings
- Learn how to make a complaint to someone else
- Set clear and consistent boundaries
- Learn how to say ‘No’ and mean it
- Identify your needs and how to meet them
- Explore ways to express anger physically
If you would like to find out more about counselling for Anger Management, please give me a call on 07527 188 405, and I’d be happy to discuss your situation with you.
Read about Benefits of Therapy
Back to the Issues in counselling page