Relationship Counselling - Coping with relationship problems & difficulties
Relationships with other people come in all sorts of shapes and forms (friends, siblings, parents, romantic, work) and they can be a significant source of joy and satisfaction when they are going well. However, relationships can also be complicated, painful and frustrating, leaving us at a loss to know what to do. At these times you may wish to explore relationship counselling to find solutions to your relationship problems.
I work with individuals (rather than couples) to help them understand and transform relationship problems. These can come in many guises: difficulties with intimacy, power struggles, destructive patterns, manipulative behaviour and game playing, abusive or violent behaviour, difficulties with intimacy and chronic self-esteem issues, are just a few of the reasons to seek some help.
Relationship counselling can have many benefits. You can:
- Learn to identify your needs and how to meet them
- Improve your communication skills
- Deal with angry feelings
- Learn how to deal with someone else’s behaviour
- Develop the skills and confidence to be intimate with another
- Deal with emotions in relationships
- Change destructive patterns of behaving
- Work with specific sexual problems or issues to do with sexuality
- Feel happier and more fulfilled in your connections with others
I would be happy to discuss with you whether counselling for relationship problems may be of use to you. Please feel free to contact me on 07527 188405.
Read about Benefits of Therapy
Back to the Issues in counselling page