Counselling for gender and sexuality issues
The word ‘sexuality’ describes how we are in our thoughts, feelings and actions of being sexual. Sometimes conflicts arise in this area of life.
- You may be experiencing confusion about your sexual orientation (i.e. whether you are attracted to men or women).
- You may have attractions that you don’t understand or don’t want to experience.
- You may have had experiences of sexual violence or abuse.
- You may be fearful of being judged or misunderstood by family, friends or society.
- You may have aspects of your sexuality that are unconventional.
- You may be experiencing specific sexual problems.
- You may have stopped being sexual with yourself or others.
- You may be experiencing confusion about your gender.
Often we receive negative messages from family, society, religion or culture, which can lead to feelings of shame about sexuality. Counselling & therapy for sexuality issues seeks to redress this by providing a safe and non-judgmental space in which you can explore how you see your sexual self and how this relates to the rest of your life. Therapy can help you to understand your sexuality and perhaps find ways to embrace and celebrate what is true for you.
If you would like to discuss your sexuality issues, please contact me to arrange an appointment.
Read about Benefits of Therapy
Back to the Issues in counselling page